Google
 

Take the time to sign in and let us know who visits

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dollar Generals and Walmarts


Around these parts towns are distinguishable in size by Dollar Generals and Walmarts. when you stop to ask for directions or information about the next town a distinguishing characteristic is ALWAYS whether the have a Dollar General or a Walmart. "Oh, its a little bigger than here, I mean they actually have a Walmart!" or, " Well you'll go through three or four little towns first, I mean they have Dollar Generals, but they don't have a Walmart". And please feel free to place inflection on the last sentence so it reads as if the person was scoffing at the fact that those towns don't have Walmarts.


As for the Dollar General, I don't think we have these stores, but watch out for these places. This is for sure, 100% the next Wallmart. EVERY single town Pop. 103 and above has a Dollar General, EVERY ONE! They are everywhere. So I went to one, it's a mini Walmart, they have everything that Walmart does in mini form. And no matter how many Dollar Generals I went into the counter person was trying to figure out how to use the cash register... And I am serious now, trying to figure out pennies(3-4 of them)worth of overcharges caused by some taxed food items. Why did I go to so many? Well I can only stand in 1 line for so long listening to hillfolk customers and hillfolk cashiers sit and call a computer stupid. Anyway I was just trying to get a new shirt, my old ones were all dirty, I ended up getting one at the third Dollar General and they overcharged me! Stupid computers!

No comments: