Google
 

Take the time to sign in and let us know who visits

Friday, October 12, 2007

Magic Farmers

This post is for any fans of deadpan comedy.
here is a new joke.

I was riding down this country road and saw a sign that said electric fence.
The fence was wooden.

Now being as how my father is an electrician I decided that the fence could not possibly be electric as wood does not conduct electricity very well, unless of course the wood is made from metal, but everyone knows that.

I was tired so I pulled over to stare at the electrified wooden fence, upon closer inspection I noticed that there were electrical wires hooked up to either end of the fence... thus making a complete current (if this wood was indeed made from metal). I looked closer and noticed that the wires did not continue on either side of the wood, but simply screwed into the posts on either end.

I began to get nervous, one of three things were happening and they were all bad. First the cows in this area were smart enough to read but not educated enough to know that you can't electrify wood, second the locals were being kept out because they were also just smart enough to read but not educated enough to know about electrical conductivity, or the third and most likely answer is that obviously this farmer has magic beyond my scope of imagination... so i left really quick and forgot to take pictures.

No comments: